0,5 font increment

I don’t know if it is possible to make 0.5 increments in font size in Scrivener, But I have tried and I cannot do it. I am new using Scrivener, so I apologize if this is not the right forum to post this request. If it is possible to increment fonts by 0.5, please tell me how to do it. If it is not, I leave it as a wish.

Regards,

Moris

The “atomic” unit of font size is the point. So no, it is not possible to change the font size in half-point increments. This is more a function of how fonts behave than anything to do with Scrivener.

Katherine

I’ve just tried: it is possible. In the images below you can see three lines of ten capitalized “O” written respectively with size 12, 12.5, 13.
To change the size of 0.5 you have to click on the number size on the toolbar, than to select “Font panel”; there you can write manually the size. I noticed that even if I write “12.5”, Scrivener continues reporting only the number “12” on the toolbar (this could be corrected by developers), but as you can see the “O” sized “12,5” are bigger than the ones sized “12” and smaller than the ones sized “13”.

Scrivener will interpolate font sizes? Nice! I didn’t know that.

Be careful, though, as half-point fonts may be fragile when transferred to other applications.

Katherine