026 - PDF Display not working and crash

Since upgrading to Beta 026 Scrivener doesn’t display PDF documents anymore. All I get is a white screen… By accident I clicked and dragged that white screen and Scrivener crashed. This crash is reproducible for me. Anybody else experiencing this? By the way, I’m using Scrivener on Win 7 Professional 32 bit.

Going back to Beta 025 fixes the PDF problem. But then there’s that nasty trial-reset-bug… :frowning:

To confirm I have just looked at my PDF files they also are not showing
Grandad7

My PDF files do not display but Scrivener has not crashed yet.

ETA: Just caused it to crash by clicking on the blank editor. PDFs are still viewable if you right click and go to Open > Open in External editor.

My PDFs do not display either, and I can also crash Scrivener by clicking and dragging on the blank white screen. I’m using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

I am also having the same issue. And I’ve got a PDF document open all the time when I write. I think I might go back to 0.25 and just switch the two out until he get’s this fixed. Thanks for all the awesome work you guys are doing on getting this program working.

EDIT: I can get it to crash as before stated as well.

I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Hi all,

Sorry about this. Lee’s been working on fixing up some PDF stuff so it’s a bit in progress, and with having to push out this intermediate update quickly with the fix for the trial code and RTF compile issue, something finally snapped there. For now just use the Open in External Editor for viewing the PDFs (or stick with beta 025 if that’s the more critical issue for you) and avoid dragging in the editor if you do have a “blank” PDF display in the editor.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know Lee’s updated his 026 Beta post to include a .dll file which you can download and copy to your Scrivener directory so that PDFs will again be viewable in the editor.

YYYEEEEAAAAAAA!!! Thank you guys so much, I can’t wait to actually buy this software. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I’ve never had this much fun since I discovered photoshop.

The up dated .dll file works great thank you

Worked for me as well.

Thank you sooo much!!! With the updated .dll everything is perfect again… :slight_smile:

Thanks, Solved with the updated dll