1.8!!!

That’s a mere 2 points away from the magical 2.0!!! Rainbows and unicorns are on their way!!!

I’m excited.

I know we already have much more than Mac’s 1.x ever had, but still. STILL.

When 2.0 arrives, my writing’s GONNA IMPROVE SO MUCH.

:mrgreen:

If that’s how version numbers worked, then on the Mac we’d be at version 7.

Eat our Apple-tastic dust, suckers! Pbbbbttt! 8)

Sorry, you’ll need to go and backfill versions 1.1, 1.3 and 1.4 first.
:slight_smile:

Version 1.4 only runs on Windows 9, anyway. But, it does have support for Firefox 182.0 as a browser plug-in.

But but but… isn’t the difference between 1.8 and 2.0 always 2 points? (Or, to put it another way, point two.) Even if there’s a 1.8.6.2.7b in between?

LET ME HAVE MY EXCITEMENT.

Not really. These aren’t numbers: 1.9 + .1 = 2.0. These are version numbers. 1.10 could come after 1.9. We may never see a 1.9 even.

The first number is always the major number. Second is a minor release. Third (if any) are hotfixes. So you could see: 1.465.3835. Heck, the version number could be written as 1-8-3 if someone wanted. The standard is with .

Rithe, this is not the time, nor the place, for facts and logic. The only acceptable content types are: irony, taunting, misplaced enthusiasm, and pie.

:stuck_out_tongue:

GODDAMN IT.

Mmmm, pie.

I’ll get some pi, but you might have to wait till March. March 14 to be a bit more specific :wink:

I’m a big fan of pie day. I’ve also been known to have two pies on 28th June and to eat quiche or similar items on pi approximation day ( 22/7 ).