101 best writer's sites

Writers Digest 101 best sites for writers:

writersdigest.com/101sites/categ … to=closead

:confused:

May I humbly add authorsaloud.com which features a growing library of brief audio readings from Canadian poets and authors of literary fiction, many of them — such as Barbara Gowdy and Nino Ricci — world renowned.

I know that there are a number of creative writing classes that now visit AuthorsAloud on a regular basis to hear scenes and poems, which lead to discussions about technique.

Yes TCole, it is a wonderful site - a model for many national writers groups. There are particles of fearsome edification in every reading (a sneaky tribute).

Thanks - I’ve been awake all night streaming some superb listening.

:slight_smile:

Lord (may I call you ‘Lord’?) you are very kind. Thanks for the warm words.

That could get weird.

Yes Khadrelt. If Keith reads that he’ll have a technicolour yawn.

This is one of the 101 sites posted above. It is worth a heads up on its own.

internet-resources.com/writers/

A HUGE collection of writers resources.

:slight_smile:

My Lord Lightning,
I crave your indulgence, and seek your help, though not for my unworthy self, but, for my Master Keith, Sire of Scrivener and Lord of the House of Scriv. who, I fear, is troubled mightily, by the treacherous machinations emanating from his feckless and so called allies in the State of Apple.

Something is rotten in the State of Apple My Lord, and me thinks the time has arrived for my Liege Keith, to seek and forge new alliances, elsewhere, with those whose regard for truth, decency and integrity, doth affords them no distaste and is in truth, to them …sacrosanct!

My Lord Lightning my Master Keith needs wise and learned council and you My Lord Lightning, fountain head of wisdom and sense, me thinks, is the one best suited to this most delicate of tasks. To that end, pray seek him out.

My Lord I am in your debt

Vic (Liegeman of the Lord of Scriv)

Hi vic-k, never underestimate Master Keith. He is a known master of occlumency. The Apple may have a worm in the core but he see can see right through it with a mere "Legillimens!’

He has been known to walk blithely along the banks of the Thames with thirty muggle school kids and not once throw even a single specimen into the water.

He is indeed a powerful wizard.

He wears the favour of his fair lady into battle and is mightily bolstered and fortified by the Order of Scrivener. He knows that our love is a powerful strengthening ward against evil. As with snotty school kids, he toys with the feckled and the feckless alike. The butter on his bread is just where he wants it.

Seriously, if you have concerns just pm him.

My Lord Lightning,
once again my Lord, your wise and learned council affords me much comfort. For in truth, Sire, oft times, do we, care, needlessly, in ignorance and due concern, for those we seek to serve.

However my Lord; my concern for my Master, assuaged by your perspicacity, doth leaves me still, Your troubled servant.

My heart is heavy my Lord, for I fear I have misled thee; though not through intent; this I vow.

Fitfully, did I sleep Sire, but without dreams. Had I dreamt, would I not have known, of what, is this thing that hath troubled me, this day long.

My entreaty to You, my Lord, for My Master`s peace of mind, I knew in my heart, didst bode well. I feared not to much for its outcome.

I pondered my fitfulness along different tangents, Sire. Was this, the residual detritus, from my unseemly altercation with the High Lord Chancellor and Master of the Black Arts of Semiotics; Ontology; Lexical Neural Constructs; The Chartograph, Lord Amber V?

Had I, in my naivety, caused in him bad humour? Had he called forth the demon, Choronzon from the Abyss, and set it about Your humble servant, to plague his reasonings mercilessly, with doubts and fearful assumptions? That this, was so the case my Lord, I would have wagered my soul with Satan himself ( may the good Lord forgive me), but then, in a Damascene flare of brilliance, worthy of St. Paul himself, was this woeful malady of the mind, revealed unto me , in all of its true and garish colours.

Twas naught but my conscience causing concern, My Lord, and nothing more. But once again had I not impugned (in my heart) upon the honour of Lord Amber V, with erroneous imputations not deserved?

My Lord Lightning; that which lieth at the very root of my day of bad hair, is that I didst; (as none but only a fool could), forget to tell My Lord, that the version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows I didst recount to thee, was in truth the Adult Version.

As would be more appropriate for those of more sensitive and delicate disposition and sensibilities, another version, my Lord, exists for the child, juxtaposed to the Adult version, with, as you may expect, an ending more suited to the child`s fairy tail perception of the World of Wizardry.

There my Lord Lightning, you posses it in the shell of a nut, and I my Lord, with conscience appeased, should, this night, sleep, and rightly so, the sleep of the just, me hopes.

Sire, I have at my finger tips, the scrivener Rowlings second version of the Wizardry sagas, denouement. I shall not assail your senses further, at this time, lest it prove taxing to thee.

Shouldst My Lord prove desirous of its perusal , however; as always ,Your word is my command.

Your vassal,
Vic