1Password discounted for Black Friday

If you’ve been thinking about getting 1Password to store your passwords and other secret stuff, versions are being heavily discounted for the Thanksgiving holidays:

Here’s a link for all their versions

agilebits.com/store

The single-user licenses for Macs and PCs, normally $49.99, is $24.95 and the family version (five users) is only $34.99.

At the iTunes Store are versions for iPhones, iPads, or both at half-price or less:

1Password for iPhone ($9.99 -> $4.99)
1Password Pro Universal($14.99 -> $6.99)
1Password for iPad ($9.99 -> $4.99)

According to their blog post:

blog.agilebits.com/2011/11/agile … -you-sale/

this sale runs through Wednesday, November 30. You can find links to all the purchase options at that post.

For what it’s worth, I consider 1Password the gold standard in password apps. It’s become one of those apps I don’t see how I got along without. I particularly like the fact that data synchs between my Macs and to my iPhone, so it is always available. Since its data files are encrypted and password protected, I also use it to keep credit card information and the like. They also have an impressive record of improving its features.

Oh, I should explain the reason for its name. Some people get around the hassle of remembering passwords by using one password for all their accounts, including banking and credit cards. That’s a very bad idea. What 1Password offers is a app accessible by one password that only you and it know. You use that password to access all the other passwords, which are different for each account and can be very complicated since you need not remember or enter them. 1Password is smart enough to enter them automatically for you in almost all cases.

–Michael W. Perry, Seattle

Just discovered that Curio has a 25% discount until Nov 30.
That brings the academic edition of the Pro version down to $69.27

Would be nice if this thread were labeled “Black Friday discounts,” as there are many.

You can find a long list of seasonal discounts here:

macappdeals.com/

There are dozens of them.

Best, Martin.