2.1 and key bindings

With the latest update to 2.1 I cannot use cmd-1, cmd-2 etc. for applying a formatting preset in the editor window. I have “Headline 1”, “Headline 2”, “Body” etc. defined in the System Preferences, but these bindings does not work anymore.

I am still on Snow Leopard.

Cmd-1 and cmd-2 already have meaning in the View menu, which will receive those commands first - have you redefined shortcuts for the menu items that currently use them?

Yes I redefined them to Shift-Cmd-1 but with no success.

Hmm, strange. Nothing at all has changed internally here, as far as I can think of, so there’s no reason this shouldn’t be working. What happens if you manually open the Formatting > Apply Preset menu once? Do shortcuts work after that? And are the shortcuts appearing in the menu there?

No the key strokes does not show up in the menu.

Hmm, something else must be swallowing them, then. Try going through the other menus and see if they’ve ended up somewhere else - I don’t see why they would though. Very odd. Sorry, I know that’s not too helpful, but I’m not sure what is happening at the moment.

Also check your OS X Keyboard Shortcuts tool and go through the various sections available. Services and other global shortcuts are a common foe here. If you installed something recently that defined those as global shortcuts, they might be reserved before Scrivener even gets a chance at them.

The keystrokes were defined in a section called “com.literatureandlatte.scrivener”. When I redefined them from scratch the entry is called “Scrivener”. See screenshot.
Bildschirmfoto 2011-07-25 um 08.40.51.png

com.literatureandlatte.scrivener is the identifier for Scrivener 1.x - com.literatureandlatte.scrivener2 is the identifier for 2.0, so it sounds as though the shortcuts may have been going to 1.x (even if it is no longer on your system).

All the best,
Keith