2 features I would LOVE

I absolutely love Scrivener, and have used it since version 1.0 for novel writing. It has been an indispensable tool. I love the organizational features, especially.

Two things I would love:

• A preference to determine the opacity of the Scratch Pad when it’s not active. Often I will put notes there, and then want to reference them as I’m scanning through several documents. The scratch pad is too translucent, however, for me to really be able to read the notes. I like the Scratch Pad because I can keep it open and have it be a repository for project notes, visible at all times. But its usefulness would be increased tenfold by being able to make it more opaque.

• Also: in full screen mode, I note the preference to have a new line or two new lines in between scrivenings. That is good…but I want to be able to put characters in there (like “• • •”) to denote scene breaks. Plus it’s easier to note the separation of scrivenings that way. I could alternate colors, but that just doesn’t work as well for me as I’d like.

Overall, an excellent tool. These two minor things would be much appreciated!
Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your kind words. I think you’ll like 2.0 when it is finally released… I am going to be overhauling the scratch pad for 2.0. It won’t be translucent at all - instead, there will be a configurable hot key that you will be able to use no matter what program you are in to call it to the foreground (so translucency won’t be needed). As for your second suggestion, being able to add arbitrary separators between chunks in Edit Scrivenings - I’ve already implemented this for 2.0.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith