2 Times - Hard Crash While Editing Metadata

Version: Beta (896583) 64-bit - 15 Apr 2020


This has happened to me twice now. I have needed to change the “default” metadata from ‘none’ to (nothing in the field).

I have had multiple metadata items to update in this manner, so I don’t know if it would have happened with just one, or if it was somehow the combination.

I was showing the Outline when I did it. I don’t know if it would have happened if the Outline wasn’t showing.

One TWO separate occasions this has caused a Hard Crash (i.e., Program Not Responding, Apparently Forever) and the only way out was to RED-X (EXIT) the program.

Each time upon restarting the changes were GONE (not saved)

But casual inspection did not note anything else amiss. I didn’t check extensively however.


This happened to me again a third time. I got up and walked away for awhile > 10 minutes. And when I got back, it had resolved itself. So it looks like the issue is not “HARD CRASH FOREVER” but rather “OUT TO LUNCH FOR A VERY LONG TIME”.