3.1.1 Unable to Compile for Kindle and ePub When HTML Table of Contents is Set

Hi. When I create an HTML table of contents and compile my project for Kindle or ePub, assigning the “Table of contents title” in the table of contents tab, I get the following error message. Also, when saving to PDF, the HTML ToC will appear broken (without indents, without links and with unexpected line breaks). Is this a bug, or am I not doing something right? I’m trying this on the Scrivener Tutorial project which comes with Scrivener and has been otherwise untouched.

Compiling for Kindle/ePub will work if I leave the “Table of contents title” blank.

[code]*************************************************************
Amazon kindlegen(MAC OSX) V2.9 build 1028-0897292
A command line e-book compiler
Copyright Amazon.com and its Affiliates 2014

Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Title “Tutorial”
Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Creator “Keith Blount”
Info(prcgen):I1002: Parsing files 0000013
Info(prcgen):I1015: Building PRC file
Info(prcgen):I1006: Resolving hyperlinks
Warning(prcgen):W14001: Hyperlink not resolved: /private/var/folders/r5/c_w2ly_d2r14045q67ycckrh0000gn/T/EBOOK_TEMP/Scrivener Tutorial Test1/mailto:mac.support@literatureandlatte.com
Warning(prcgen):W14002: Some hyperlinks could not be resolved.
Info(prcgen):I1008: Resolving start reading location
Warning(prcgen):W30007: Epub navigation file does not follow the specification. Please refer to Kindle Publishing Guidelines about usage of EPUB3 Navigation support. The element must be followed by an

ordered list in file: /private/var/folders/r5/c_w2ly_d2r14045q67ycckrh0000gn/T/EBOOK_TEMP/Scrivener Tutorial Test1/contents.xhtml line: 92
    Error(prcgen):E24012: Epub Navigation file could not be built.
    Info(prcgen):I1016: Building enhanced PRC file
    Info(prcgen):I1007: Resolving mediaidlinks
    Info(prcgen):I1011: Writing mediaidlinks
    Info(prcgen):I1009: Resolving guide items
    Info(prcgen):I1038: MOBI file could not be generated because of errors!
    [/code]

Epub/Kindle has very specific requirements for the table of contents page - it can only contain a title (which must use a heading style, and which can be added via a Section Layout) and a bulleted list of the linked contents. If it contains any other text, there will be an error - which is what is being reported here.

All the best,
Keith