30th JAN - LEE'S UPDATE

Hi Everyone,

Just a very short note to let you all know that we are working around the clock at the moment to get beta 1.6 out. I realize the current beta expires today the 30th Jan.

Beta 1.6 will be released within the next 24 hours. There’s quite a few additional features and bug fixes in this release - some many of you are going to love as they have been a long time coming. So, please bare with us just a little longer. We’ll are doing our best to get this to you as soon as possible.

I’ll post properly tomorrow with the release.

Lee
8:51pm, Sunday 30th Jan (Sydney, Australia)

Thanks for all of your efforts, Lee.

Take care.

Woohoo! :slight_smile:

Yay!

I hope /after/ the update is done that you can get a good couple of days of sleep or off. Or both! You and everyone with you have been working really hard on this and it is much appreciated!

wuffles

Thumb’s up

Go Lee go! :smiley: :mrgreen:

Early Chinese New Year present? :smiley:

Yay! Looking forward to it!

Should be done in next 12 hours and counting :slight_smile:

Lee

So have you guys abandoned all hope of sleeping until it’s uploaded? :slight_smile:

The best reason I’ve heard in a while to look forward to getting up on a Monday morning :smiley:

Andy (in the UK)

Oh, by the way Lee - please let us know if we should uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

Biting fingernails Gee, I can’t wait! :smiley:

I new tomorrow would be a good day to take off work.

Thanks, Guys!

Don’t mind me, just peeking in to see if it’s here yet… and what time the forum says it is.

:smiley:
You’re entirely forgiven but that is a little racy for a software forum isn’t it?

Dave

I giggled.

Me too. LOL.

Think I’m gonna have to give in and go to bed, though. Midnight here and I am SLEEPY.

Hi All!
I’m in NZ where the clock will soon tick into Feb 1.
But not on my computer. There it’s forever January 29.

SUGGESTION. If Scrivener has expired, turn the computer clock back. I did, and it functions just fine.

Have fun! Rob

I’m in shock, Rob!

I can’t believe a Kiwi thought of something smart before I did. Well done and thanks!

Setting the clock back is okay for a temporary fix, but will eventually screw up my automatic updates and virus controls. I certainly hope there’s a new beta and/or trial/purchase option very very soon!! Loving Scrivener but this beta period is creating some nervous sweat for me here in Europe. Wonderful to make the betas available but the expiration transition period should have taken into account the different time zones.

I get the impression the time zones have nothing to do with it – it’s just an unfortunate alignment of the planets on this occasion that meant the update has crept into the wrong side of the expiry date. Hopefully it won’t happen again but they are betas after all.