3rd MAR - LEE'S UPDATE

Hi Beta Testers,

A short-sharp-update:

We be releasing beta 1.9 sometime this weekend which you can either download the complete version or just the update (if your updater works?). The new beta includes the following fixes:

1. Ability to set a whole host of Edit>Options including: background editor color and text. These colors will also be reflected in full screen as well. Some folks might wish to change their poll votes in light of this?
  2. Ability to change font size and type for project notes and document notes.
  3. Ability to set a default zoom level for new projects to any value you wish.
  4. Ability to set a default zoom level for project notes.
  5. Ability to set a default zoom level for document notes.
  6. Fixed scrolling zoom issue i.e. now doesn’t need to scroll through text before it zooms.
  7. Fixed empty find and replace string. Now replace button is enabled without the need for a replacement value.
  8. Ability to remember general location in a document when you leave and return to it i.e. it does not return to top, but rather in the area (not exact location) you were working before so you should not need to scroll.
  9. Fixed the ability to show sub document counts in binder.
  10. Ability to View>Use Label Color in Binder. Yes, there’s was lots frustrated people who should now be appeased with this missing feature - which I simply missed.
  11. Just for good measure, added ability to reflect label color in binder icons and also in outliner.
  12. Fixed crash perfectly reported by wfence here:[url]https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/crash-show-text-view-show-corkboard-view-bug-logged/11483/1]
  13. Fixed ‘Copy without Annotation and Footnotes’. This was in the menu but never implemented. It works now.
  14. Added several potential fix options for auto-update as many users were not able to run it from the menu, or the dialog did not function properly i.e. non functioning/crashing ‘Close’ button. For the life of me I can’t duplicate this, it could be firewall/virus protection? So, I’ve added a few duplicate options to the ‘Check for Updates’ menu to see if one works better than the other.
  15. We are also starting to look at performance and profiling tools to begin optimizing Scrivener as we have not done this yet.
  16. Fixed remembering previous save locations in dialogs wherever save or saveas is used.
  17. There will probably be some more binder bug fixes as we’re working on these now. My update on the weekend will cover all this in more detail.

Lee

[quote]
12. Fixed crash perfectly reported by wfence here:https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/crash-show-text-view-show-corkboard-view-bug-logged/11483/1]

Woot! Although I’m getting good at not crashing Scrivener. It’s reminiscent of a raid boss in World of Warcraft: one false move, and it’s a wipe. :wink:

We like to keep things interesting.

For me, it crashes no matter what antivirus is running.

Fear not, we will fix this auto-update problem. We just need to identify what causing it first.

Take a look at how one can really bastardize the beautiful scrivener interface with these new color options. Can’t believe one can be so excited about such disgusting colors but I can see why folks want and need this functionality - it’s just so useful to be able to turn on and off :slight_smile:

Full screen, can now be completely distraction free and easy on the eyes, although I did feel like I was in a terminal prompt with the green on black : :wink:

Yours excited,

Lee

Yay! This looks awesome. Can’t wait to download :slight_smile:

Whoo-hoo! I can’t wait for this latest version. Thanks for all the great work! :smiley:

Yeah, I’m using linux/wine, so no antivirus here. Router thing? (Loathe to put my computer out there without a router.)

I just wanted to say that as frustrating as the crashing was, I was seriously impressed that I never lost a single word.

Awesome … !

What crashes … :snickers:

Weekend ? - Our time or yours …

Cheers guys - you are GREAT !

Wow, those fixes sound awesome. Especially the fullscreen editor background colors - yay!
Thank you so much. I can’t wait.

Whee! I cannot wait!

does a happy dance of extreme joy

Sweet!

***** sounds of abrading, coming from the back room,
gradually completing to become smoother *****

Polishing definitely happening, Lee, and I know you can’t help yourself about things like the colors :wink: – the better for all of us and the result, with the sweet and attractive extras.

I will recommend a superb musical album to you when it comes out next Tuesday - privileged to be listening to it right now, very young, very spectacular, very thoughtful talent, and it will also give you peace of mind.

Best,
Clive

Out of the listed updates number 8 is what I am most happy to see listed as fixed. We shall see. :slight_smile: I hates lots of scrolling. LOL!

A little bummed on no report of the learned bug bug.

But am excited on the progress. I love testing. :slight_smile: