A bit disappointed

I just purchased Scrivener for iOS and I have to say I’m a bit disappointed.

For one thing I had hoped to be able to use it to work with already existing Scrivener Projects in my Dropbox. But it doesn’t look like there is a way to browse and select different Scrivener projects. You can select a folder as your Scrivener Projects folder, and I guess I could choose one of the folders with my favorite Project. But what if I want to work with other Projects? How do I switch to other Scrivener Projects on Dropbox that aren’t in that folder?

The other disappointing thing is I would have expected to be able to see “subdocuments” that are “under” a document. But it doesn’t look like it gives you a way to look at a list of subdocuments for a document. You can select the document and then you have this clumsy up and down arrow you can use to navigate up and down the subdocuments themselves. I would like to be able to view the titles of all subdocuments under a document, just as I can in the Windows version.

As of now, this is really only useful as a sorta viewer for only one of my Scrivener projects. And even then I have to remember where I put subdocuments. Not worth $20 really, I wish I hadn’t purchased this, or at least known about these limitations.

Ah, ok, I found out how to expand the subdocuments under documents. A bit clumsy, but I can deal. You can “side swipe” and it gives you an option to Expand. I would have liked to have them all expanded to start with, but this is OK.

Maybe move them into the folder that iOS Scrivener can see?

For a variety of reasons, many people consider it undesirable to give a mobile application unrestricted access.

Katherine

We don’t have it in the swipe menu, but tap Edit, select everything in the binder that you want expanded, and hit the “Expand All” button in the top right-hand corner of the sidebar area, up by where it tells you how many things you have selected. That is a recursive expansion by the way, so if you have a lot of outline you’ll get a lot of outline. :slight_smile: