A bit scared about Auto Populate Synopsis

I don’t know if this has happened to you but it happened to me a lot. I accidentally click on Auto Populate Synopsis and I lose whatever I had wirtten on the synopsis, without any way to get it back.

Maybe it’s because the icon looks like a “minimize” icon, maybe because I should stick with Document notes for notes and leave the synopsis alone, but this is the only problem I stumble upon again and again in those months I’ve been using Scriviener.

It really does look like a minimize button, doesn’t? I think that not only does the graphic need to be revisited (little pencil, perhaps?) but it needs to be moved to the left of the “notecard/picture” switcher. Semantically its present placement implies that it’s not a “content manipulator” but a “window operation” by putting it next to something that looks like a spinner (which seems to me to be redundant anyway, but that’s a different issue).

I just spent a half an hour hunting for the “auto populate” thing anyway, which might indicate that the icon graphic might not be entirely intuitive anyway. Just my 1.3333333 cents worth.