A few questions before purchase

Hello there! I’m trying to decide wether I should by Scrivener for Mac from your own website of if doing so through the Mac App Store. So to help me decide I have a few questions that I hope somebody could help me get answered:

1. I’m currently a student at the Sorbonne University (Paris), do I qualify for the educational discount? How can I get this educational discount (do I have to log in through my university mail in order to validate the discount)?

2. Is the educational version of Scrivener the exactly same version as the regular one? Does it has any restriction? If so, which restrictions apply?

3. Is it possible to change Scrivener layout into French? or is it only available in English?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile: . If this post is in the wrong sub-forum, please move it or delete it.

We cannot offer discounts of any type on the Mac App Store, so if you’re looking take advantage of an educational discount, you’d be better off with the direct-sale. We’re pretty much on the honour system when it comes to that.

The educational version is 100% the same as the full version. There are no restrictions on its commercial use.

As for French, that is currently a work in progress. You can see a preview build via our public beta. The preferences panel might still be a bit rough. That is only the first phase.

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/scrivener-2-x-update-betas-download-here/11262/1

Thank you very much for the info. I hope the French version is released soon :slight_smile: I have decided to purchase it directly from your website then, it’s a better deal and also the money goes directly to you.

Thanks for your support!

I was actually wondering the same things so I’m glad it has already been answered in this thread. Only difference is that I work in education and from what I’ve seen of Scrivener so far is exactly the tool I need.

I’ve only had a Mac for two months so I’m still getting to grips with things but a non-bloated editor/organizer like Scrivener together with Textwrangler is absolutely perfect. 8)

Thanks.