A fraction of the whole

An Australian first novel, “A Fraction of the Whole”, is listed for the Booker. I’ve just read some of it. Couldn’t go on. I was bored! There’s good stuff in there, I feel, but it is about twice as long as it should be. Others are talking about what a great book it is.

And I’m a bloke who read Vikram Seth’s “A Suitable Boy” and enjoyed every word.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

“Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes”, the secrets of how type can help you to sell or influence, and “How to Start and Produce a magazine or Newsletter”, now at the new low price of $29.95. See these books and more at worsleypress.com or Amazon.

Hmm… I posted about this book here a while ago.

My favourite book that I have ever read. It did stretch a bit, but I absolutely loved it.

Hiya matt

Looks as though this is very much horses for courses. I was at the library yesterday and asked the librarian about reaction to it. She said it was mixed; a number of others whom she knows to be real readers had the same trouble as I did. Just stumbled to a halt in the end. Others loved it. Interesting.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

“Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes”, the secrets of how type can help you to sell or influence, and “How to Start and Produce a magazine or Newsletter”, now at the new low price of $29.95. See these books and more at worsleypress.com or Amazon.