A Noble Charity

I am not one who solicits donations from friends or people I know. Not much do I even think about giving to charity but I am taking this time to mention something that is close to home.

A very good friend of my wife (Crystal) and I is a man who is suffering from ALS

Our friend (His name is Steve) was diagnosed over 9 years ago.

He (Steve) is taking part in a Walk to defeat ALS. (Fundraiser). My wife is going to drive 600 miles to our old home town and walk for his team (Steve’s Striders) in this fundraiser. They are doing this on March 26, 2011 in Fayetteville, NC.

Since ALS is a disease that does not affect a large percentage of the population research for it has very little in the source of funding so events like this are very important for raising money to find a cure.

My wife is trying very hard to help raise what she can for this cause.

If you are a person who likes to donate to charity or champion a good cause my wife and Steve are taking donations for this walk here:
web.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/North … fr_id=7044

If nothing else I would ask if you could to pass that link along or maybe post it on any website you feel would be appropriate or send to anyone whom you think may be interested in helping with a good cause. Getting that link out would help get the word out and at least raise awareness of this fatal disease. If enough people become aware maybe a cure can be found.

If you would like to know more about our friend Steve you can read about him here.
web.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/North … fr_id=7044

If you would like to read Steve’s Blog you can read it here.
alsbytes.com/

Unfortunately our friend Steve will not live long enough to see a cure in his lifetime but we have high hopes and prayers that a cure can be found soon so no one else has to suffer as he has.

Thank you
Wock