A possible bug with the split editor feature

Hi,

I’m not exactly sure if this is a bug or if I have something in my Scrivener settings messed up. (Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere before. I did a quick search and couldn’t find any related posts.)

I have two Scrivener projects I frequently use. I have one for my writing and another I use to keep all my school notes organized. When I split the editor in my school notes project, the document I type in is the one with the blue header bar. If I navigate to a different document while the editor is split, the pane with the blue header bar is the one that changes. This seems to be the default (I tested it out with the tutorial project), and it makes the most sense.

But with my writing project, the exact opposite happens when I split the editor. I can be typing in one document (and that document will have the blue header bar), but if I navigate to a different document while the editor is split, the pane with the gray header bar is the one that changes. This gets really annoying, and I easily confuse myself when I alternate between projects. (I will also add that the split editor feature was not always like this in my writing project. I don’t recall when it got messed up, or what I did that might have caused it.)

I’ve gone through all the options in Preferences, and I’ve read through the section on splitting the editor in the Scrivener Manual, but I couldn’t find anything related to changing my writing project’s settings back to normal. (Though it is possible I missed something.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Maria

There is indeed a setting that can cause this to happen, though I’m not sure how it got turned on by accident. It is View/Binder Affects/Other Editor. “Current Editor” is the default, which you observed in the tutorial.