a room of my own

Scrivener is my ‘room of my own’. I used to have an actual space to write in, but it’s been taken over, stolen, hijacked.
Now I perch in corners either with my laptop or my notebooks.
Until I found Scrivener I was having real problems sorting out my long writing project. Now, with Scrivener, I can see what I have, and I am making real inroads into a large project I had assumed was impossible to sort out. It had seemed far too much of a daunting task when there was nowhere to go and spread out. Scrivener transports me to a place of calm and order where I can be as chaotic in my creative output as I like. It is perfect. I can’t think of anything that would improve it, not really.
(Apart from a pair of noise cancelling headphones). A million thanks, you have saved me the cost of a loft conversion. And probably my sanity too, I kid you not. Bless you. x

Virginia Woolf, who coined that phrase, said that the other necessity was money.

“All I could do was to offer you an opinion upon one minor point—a woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction; and that, as you will see, leaves the great problem of the true nature of woman and the true nature of fiction unsolved.”

So, mae, now that you have the room, go for the money!

Welcome to Scrivener, and good luck.