A tiny bug -- Outliner's default font color for group parent's title

The group title default color (black) in Options/Appearance/Outliner/Colors doesn’t flip when the label’s tint is dark and used in Outliner rows.

Perhaps it is intended to be like this, if it was any other color I’d agree that the user had set it as such and that’s that, but if the default color is black, I would expect this one to flip just like the title of non-group-parent files, both of which are set to the default black color, having not much of anything different, other than the fact that one has other files in it.

… And the icon already tells.
… And you may also have them titles in bold.

1 Like

Yes, this is a bit of a design gap (in both platforms) you could say, as it takes the title colour setting verbatim no matter the conditions behind it. I do see the point, though I think a better approach is to make this setting optional to begin with. Specifically the reason for wanting to do this to try and effectively do that: to make all titles look the same colour. Whether that is full black in light mode or full white in dark mode, a checkbox would do this more simply than having to figure out a way around the lack of one.

This is something I’ve rather wished for myself, as I sometimes find the notion of colour groups differently a bit visually intense. I think maybe the Bold is often good enough for me.

I’ll put it on the list for consideration.

1 Like