A wonderful program but a wish for tables!

Hello,
I just want to say thank you for your wonderful program.

I’m a student and it’s great for keeping all of my reading and research in one place. Since you’re asking for feedback, I do wish the table function was more flexible and that it would allow me to insert rows in between other rows and not just at the end. I often make tables to compare opinions or theories and make time lines of events and their various interpretations… These tend to grow as I research. I have to still do this in word. Maybe you have a suggestion for doing this without tables??

Anyway, I love the program, it makes sitting down to study a joy. Looking forward to hearing any suggestions.

Alice xx

Hi Alice,

Thanks for your kind words. I agree with you about tables - they’re implemented rather horribly. Unfortunately, they are implemented that way by Apple themselves; they are built into the OS X text system (you’ll find the same system in TextEdit), and the code for them is mostly a “black box” - that is, Apple haven’t made all of the methods used to generate them public to developers, which makes it very difficult to improve them without implementing an entirely different system (which is a massive undertaking). It is on my list to investigate further, though, to see if there is any way I can improve them.

Thanks again and all the best,
Keith