Ability to Edit html code

Scrivener is a terrific piece of software! Because of this I don’t want to take my epub into Sigil or Calibre to do additional editing. For example, I could take my epub file, open it in Calibre, and then tweak the behind-the-scenes html code for a perfect epub.

But that means that my Scrivener settings are already out of date…and that I would always have to go in Calibre to do this type of fix.

This has much less to do with Scrivener than it has to do with the Nook Previewer, which, evidently, requires all kinds of tweaks to make it look good.

So is there a possibility to have a “reveal html codes” options? I did a search and didn’t see any other requests like this one. Also, if it can’t be done, it can’t be done, just let me know. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately that’s just not possible because Scrivener doesn’t store your writings using HTML, but rather with RTF, a standard word processing format. So in fact, there is no underlying HTML to edit anywhere, until the compile process is already under way. It’s probably worth mentioning that in addition to that, this conversion process from RTF to HTML is a function of the programming toolkit, not anything Scrivener is doing itself (with a few somewhat unrelated exceptions).

Thank you for your answer. It makes more sense now, knowing that the basic Scrivener texts are not html based.

:slight_smile: