Act and scene numbers in compiled script pdfs

I understand that the tags:

ACT <$R:ACT:>	SCENE <$N:<$PARENTPOSITION>>

. . . are replaced as Preset Replacements during compile to give dynamic Act and Scene numbers at the head of each new Act and Scene.

I would like to add dynamic act and scene numbers to the header of a pdf as well.

Is that possible? Adding <$R:ACT:> to the header in Page Settings during compile doesn’t work. The code prints as is without producing a number.

Have tried everything I can think of. Also searched the forum and the internet.

Scrivener 2.7.1
OS X 10.11.4

Unfortunately what you’re asking for isn’t possible given how the software works. Details from within individual text files themselves cannot be used to drive the page headers and footers. The <$sectiontitle> token is the one exception to that rule, in that it prints the binder name of the last item to generate a page break.

Thank you.

While waiting for a reply on the forum, I saw a thread linking out to a Scrivener user who offers to answer people’s questions on their blog. They gave me an answer and workaround straightaway. I should have posted back here to close the thread. Sorry.

Hi HeyNonnyMouse,

It’s been a while but I don’t suppose you have a link to the blog or the workaround - I came on here to try and find exactly the same information.

Thanks