add a "save as" function

I’ve been using Scrivener for a few weeks now, and I’ve been very pleased with how its working out. Except for the save function. I’m working on various versions of various things with various other people. You know what? It would be really helpful if I could save out a version for other people to look at or work on that I can quickly email, then keep at it. Is this possible? Or maybe there is a way of doing it that I haven’t nutted out yet? I dont want to export a doc. file or rtf or whatever. Just a scrivener file. What are my options?

Hi,

Although Scrivener 2.0 will have a proper Save As function, you can currently use Backup To instead. Backup To is the same as Save As except that it doesn’t change the file path of the file you are working on; in other words, it just makes a copy of the project, saving the copy at the path you specify, and then you carry on working on the original. Backup To also has an option to zip the project up, which is great if you are going to e-mail it to somebody.

Hope that helps.
All the best,
Keith