Adding a new label

Hi there all,
I’ve been using (aka playing and fiddling with) Scrivener for a couple of weeks now and am very impressed with how it has been put together and the care taken to keep the program on target.

One thing that I found the other night while ACTUALLY using the program whilst doing my homework for my first ever creative writing class, was that it was quite tricky to find out how to change the labels. It was pleasant displacement activity for quite some minutes before I found that the labels could be changed in the ‘Project settings’ menu item (and even that was not so obviously placed). Would it be possible to stick a contextual menu on the label bar or a ‘+’/cogwheel next to the label bar itself?

Clearly not a big deal, but as I have my next set of homework due, I thought I could prevaricate for a bit longer by writing this post.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but I couldn’t find it on a quick search…

Hi,

Glad you are enjoying using the program, and thanks for your feedback.

I think this is one of those things that will not be an issue once I have created the help file, as you will just be able to open that, search for “label” or “status” and find out straight away where this setting is. I could add an “Edit…” option at the bottom of the label/status menu (like there is in Ulysses), but I rather like the clean look of these menus with just the labels and nothing else, and Project Settings is available quickly via the keyboard shortcut Cmd-. (once you know where it is).

Thanks again,
Keith