Adding More White Space Between Scenes?

Greetings,
Is it possible to increase the number of line breaks between scenes during compile, for the purpose of adding more white space? Specifically, I’d like to compile with a custom text separator (custom asterisk symbols from the EMOJI & SYMBOLS panel), comfortably padded by an extra line top and bottom. For example, instead of this:

SCENE 1 TEXT

SCENE 2 TEXT

Is there any way to automatically do this:

SCENE 1 TEXT

SCENE 2 TEXT

I see in the manual where it is possible to insert image tags as a custom separator. Will an HTML tag such as “
” also be accepted and insert the extra lines? I have zero HTML experience so this is just a stab in the dark–and I hesitate to experiment with my actual project file when I’m this close to publication. Hence this appeal for help…

Thank you

Yes, you can. I’ve set this up in my template, so it’s been a while since I’ve done this, so bear with me!

When you compile, there is the option to insert a custom break (usually an asterisk). Click in this box (in front of the asterisk) and, while holding down the Alt key (I think … You might need to try the others, eg, Shift, or Ctrl/Cmd) and then press Return. Use the arrow key to move down and place the cursor after the asterisk. Repeat the key combination to add another line break.

I hope that helps.

Thank you, hodderauthor. ALT + RETURN in the custom separator field did the trick. You’ve just saved me hours of work going back to combine scenes into single documents–many, many gratitudes!

Was looking for this and just wanted to say thank you to both :slight_smile: