adjust synopsis window size?

hi all,

I’m new to Scrivener, and I’m liking it a lot!

A rather minor question (which, depending on the answer, should probably go either to the “tech support” or the “wish list” forum):

In the inspector drawer, can I adjust the height of the “synopsis” window?

Sometimes there is more text than can fit in the window. The scroll bar is great, but being able to see the entire text would help.

Thanks,

cactus

You can adjust the size of the cards in Corkboard by changing how many are displayed per row. I think the default is 3 cards per row, but if you change that down to 1 or 2, you will be able to see a lot more per card, at the expense of not being able to see as many cards. In the Inspector, the aspect ratio of the card cannot be changed. You can of course, drag the Inspector pane out to be larger, increasing the size of the card, but you cannot increase the height of the card independently from the width.

There are two reasons for this. The first is to help maintain the metaphor of the index card. If you allow it to be re-sized, than it conceptually becomes very similar to the Notes field. The second is to encourage brevity in their usage. While that might seem an artificial constraint, it should be remembered that the text of the synopsis card is viewable as data in an Outliner column, and is also used as tooltips. If you let the mouse hover over an item in the Binder, a tooltip will be generated using the Synopsis. In both of these cases, keeping it concise will increase the overall usefulness of Scrivener.

thanks, that makes sense!

cactus