Adjustment to the Tutorial

I realised you are probably going to be rewriting this before release, but I noticed one that might go missed: Now that the default behaviour is for Scrivener to select the Corkboard View when clicking on Groups, you should probably move the “Hello, and welcome to Scrivener…” introduction into its own document file beneath the group. Otherwise, I doubt most people just coming to the application would ever know it exists until they are so far in their explorations that it will be irrelevant.

For what it is worth, there is brilliant tutorial here - in the NovaMind application. It is worth a look as a possible model for Scrivener.

literatureandlatte.com/forum … .php?t=572

Tutorial 1

Understanding the Scrivener user interface.

Welcome to Scrivener. This tutorial will take you through the basics of creating and printing your first novel/script/whatever in just a few minutes.

First, let us introduce you to some of the items you will see on the screen when you run Scrivener. Double-click the Scrivener application icon to open it. You will see something very similar to the following:

Here NovaMind attaches a screen shot tagged with labels:

To explain in a little more detail, the highlighted items are explained below:

Main Menu

Toolbar

Toolbar tabs

Tool palette

Screewriter button

and so on

Tutorial 2

Creating your first Novel

Start Scrivener, and you should see a window something like this:

Screenshot goes here

then text text text - maybe some Lorem Ipsum text

then screenshots of buttons embedded into explanation text

Your First Scrivener Novel should now look like this:

Screenshot goes here

Save your First Scrivener Novel so you can use it for later tutorials.

Then

Tutorial 3

Subheader

Screenshot

Text with embedded screenshots of details such as buttons.

Then

Tutorial 4

Subheader

Screenshot

Text with embedded screenshots of details such as buttons.

And so on through to tutorial 10?

It just seems a really useful and sequenced learning approach to building a series of tutorials (rather than just one big tutorial) so that each topic gets its own tute.

Hope this helps (this was edited from the first post to address the comments by Timotheus (thanks for encouraging me explain this a bit more clearly).

I must say, though, that the existing tutorial is very well written. Personally, I only desire a more elaborate tutorial, not a fundamentally different one.