after I search how do I create a new folder ?

after I do a search and the results appear. how do i create a new folder with the results? everything i’ve tried, thus far, doesn’t work.

thanks so much

Aisling :question:

I was aware that you can save a search so that it can be run again at any time, but I’ve never been aware of any option to save the results of a search. I’m not sure it exists in Scrivener, though I’d be happy to be proved wrong. I can see how it might be useful to have a list of the files that contain a given word.

Yours,

Martin BB.

Edit: I’ve just experimented, and you can select all the search results in the Binder. I think you should be able to use the menu selection “Documents > Move To” as a way of putting them all in a folder (you would have to create the folder first). It moves all the files from their original places, but perhaps that is what you want.

Cheers, M.

Hi

Thank you.

I didn’t want to move everything to the new place, but I would rather do that than not have the files saved together, at all.

Best

Aisling

They don’t get moved - the saved search just remembers the search.
Best,
Keith

Surely, if you go “Documents > Move To” the documents selected in the Binder get moved – or have I completely misunderstood?

Best,

Martin.

Oops, sorry, my fault for not actually reading your reply. :blush: (Lots of messages to get through being my excuse. :slight_smile: )

No, don’t use Move To. Instead, use “Save Search”, which is available from the search field menu. Search the Help file for “save search” or “saved search” for more details.

All the best,
Keith

Pardon me for persisting, but what Aisling was originally asking was for some way of saving the results of a search, not the search itself – which would, of course, give different results when re-run if any files had been changed in the meantime.

Cheers,

Martin.

PS: don’t overwork!

Then your answer would be good, but she didn’t specify that she didn’t want the results updating, which I would think would usually be desirable. :slight_smile:
Best,
Keith

Actually, I often do one-off searches that I’m not likely to need to repeat, and I can see why someone might want to “freeze” or preserve the results of such a search for some particular purpose. But then I do research in psychology, and psychology seems to have a bit of a neurosis about results :wink:.

Best,

Martin BB.

Saved Searches are replaced with something else much cooler in 2.0, and there will be a way of “freezing” the results, too. :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Thank you for your responses to my question.

I think I understand a way to almost do what I wish.

(wry grin)

Journey well,

Aisling