After opening nothing happens

I was so excited to find Scrivener for Windows. I recently (1 week ago) bought a new PC and was actually looking towards a Mac for many of the programs I use are geared more in that direction. But I stayed with what I know and downloaded the recent version of Scrivener for Windows. The program installed fine and even opened but that’s as far as I can go. It’s not like it froze. All of the buttons highlight when you hover the mouse over them, even the top menu buttons, but nothing happens when you click on them. No menus open, no changes, you can’t even expand the folders that show the option. I used the fiction template with parts… anyone else have this problem?

Mikee

Hi Mikee,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble. One other user did report a problem like this and it turned out to be down to Scrivener not accepting input from a WACOM tablet (although another user reported not having any problem with the tablet with the latest drivers installed, so it’s not impossible to use Scrivener with the tablet generally speaking). Do you have any kind of special input device you’re trying to use? Are you able to get any functionality using your keyboard?

Thanks for any details; we’ll try to figure out what’s going on!

Actually I am a Wacom user. I just downloaded the latest drivers just to double check I was up to date with no results. I then attached the factory mouse and it worked just fine. It’s only a mild inconvenience since I can plug it in the front USB slot. So I’m guessing there is still some kind of conflict with the program and Wacom tablets. Something this slight though wont keep me from buying it when it is finally out of the beta phase… only a mild inconvenience after all. Thank you for the heads up though, it is definitely not something I would have thought of :slight_smile:

v/r
Mikee

Great to hear you’ve got it working generally, and good to know also that there’s something fuzzy going on with the tablets–hopefully Lee will have a chance to look at that, although I expect it won’t be immediately as he’s still busy squashing some more killer bugs. Thanks for the report!