I opened up a project this morning and all the data in my draft and research folders is missing! I went to my dropbox backup and opened it up. Same thing. Nothing there. This is a large project and I’m freaking out over this. Scrivener has always been rock solid and I have many other projects in the works but until I can figure this out I’m not sure how to proceed.
Dropbox synchronization conflicts are a common cause of this problem: the most likely situation is that the data is all there, but Scrivener can’t find it because the metadata files are damaged.
You can find basic suggestions for recovery in this Knowledge Base article:
scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/ … th-dropbox
If that doesn’t help, please send a note to my attention to email@example.com and I’ll try to walk you through the possibilities in more detail.
Edit: You also might look at this thread: https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/corrupted-data-urgent/20870/1 in which MimeticMouton offered more detailed guidance for someone with a similar problem.