All my custom settings are missing

I just upgraded from 1.9 to 3 for Windows, and none of my customized settings are available in 3. Compile, paragraph styles, the works. I don’t know where any of that stuff hides, or what file names to look for. How do I get all of that imported/added to 3? I really don’t want to have to redo all of it manually. I need instructions that are easy, straightforward, and idiot-proof. Normally, I’m very technical, but health issues are flared up right now, turning my brain to mud. Help?

Open S1 and export your preferences in the Options panel, then import the file into S3:
https://scrivenerclasses.com/lesson/transferring-your-preferences-to-scrivener-3-2/

1 Like

That doesn’t appear to work for custom paragraph styles or custom compile settings. :neutral_face:

I don’t have S1 installed anymore so I can’t check, but you should be able to export custom compile settings from the compile window.

As for the styles, you could always save a sampler document with all your formatting in S1, then import it to S3 and redefine each style by selecting the text?

1 Like

Thanks. I ended up basically doing that for paragraph styles. Worked fine so far as I can tell.

Compile looks like it may be SO different with 3 that the old compile customizations I had in place won’t work anyway. I’ve been able to duplicate and edit one of the basic reports they include to do what I need - EXCEPT I can’t get my chapter titles to show up. It was “Level 1” with a check in the “Title” box before. Now? No clue. I can’t make heads nor tails of the menu that took the place of the original “Level” options. Which one is actually the folder level? Does anyone know?

Got the chapter headings to appear! It was a toggle box I was overlooking. Now, to figure out why it’s adding so much space between the chapter header and text of the chapter…

Found it. All better now. Report is working exactly as I want it to. Good thing I have some brain function today. LOL

1 Like

It appears that you’ve already solved most of your problems?

If not, or if you want additional info about what’s changed, you might have a look at L&L’s Scrivener 3 Upgrade Guide.

Best,
Jim

Thank you! I just downloaded and loaded it. :slightly_smiling_face: