Alternate arrangement of index cards?

Hi there,

I just discovered Scrivener yesterday, and so far, I love it!

Perhaps you could help me understand the corkboard (or Edit Scrivenings) possibilities…

My work has “themes” that thread throughout the various “chapters”, and I’ve used label colours for the index cards in the corkboard view to identify the themes. What I would like to do is pull all the cards/documents in a specific theme into an alternate corkboard view (or Edit Scrivenings view?) that doesn’t change the document position in the binder. Is this possible? I noted you mentioned in either the help or tutorial somewhere, that one can select non-contiguous documents for a corkboard view, but you didn’t say how to do this. When I use the shift key whlie selecting non-contiguous documents, it selects all the documents in between as well.

And if this is possible, can I save that alternate view somewhere without changing the underlying chapter structure in the binder, so I can return to it quickly when necessary?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this. I hope I’m not asking for the moon! :slight_smile:

Sharon

I can think of two simple ways to do this. First, you can select the documents individually by holding down the command key instead of shift.

The other way, which is probably what you really want, is project search. If you have the search field in your toolbar, that’s it - otherwise press Ctrl-Command-F to open it. Choose “Label” from the dropdown list and type the name of your label. Then, click on “Save search” at the bottom of the same dropdown. Ta-da! :slight_smile:

Wow! Ta-da indeed! :smiley:

Now, another probably dumb question… how do I find the saved search when I want to go back to it?

Sharon

You should see it pop up in your Binder, just like a folder (it looks like a purple folder with a magnifying glass superimposed on it). To activate it, double-click on it.

Found it!

Thank you so much for all your help! :smiley:

(This so exciting… )

Sharon