Alternative separator in scrivenings

I don’t think I’m imagining things (though I’m now certain that my parts of my hippocampus have died and gone for good – in other words, my memory is shot) but I was sure that it used to be possible to replace the thin separating line between scrivenings with a kind of discreet “bracket” at each end of the line. For the life of me, I can’t find an option for this, but I realise it may have been thrown out when I wasn’t looking. Any illumination welcome!

Cheers, Martin.

PS: and if it has gone, it would be nice to have it back – though I realise it would have been banished for a good reason. (Dribbles and keels over.)

You’re not making it up; it’s just hard to find if you don’t know where to look.

Scrivener->Preferences->Formatting “Separate scrivenings with single line breaks”, near the bottom of that preference screen.

Ah, Robert, you are my saviour! I think that setting must have gone missing when I reinstalled the whole operating system in the summer, and I haven’t needed to write anything serious since then, so I hadn’t noticed its departure. Many thanks.

Martin.

Glad I could help.

tips hat
downs beer
gallops down the road, banging coconuts together