Always Display Word Count in Compose

I’ve searched the forums and I haven’t been able to find an answer to this question:

Is it possible to always show a word count in Compose mode/view? I know the word count displays when the entire toolbar appears when moving the mouse/trackpad. However, I’d like the word count to always display in Compose (while I’m typing).

Thanks so much!

This should be working already, where if you leave the mouse pointer at the bottom of the screen, the word count will remain visible while typing. If you intend to work that way for a long period of time, you may want to decrease the height of the text column a little so it doesn’t get covered up by the toolbar.

Ah… okay. That is helpful. I didn’t leave the pointer at the bottom of the screen. That does work in regard to the word count remaining visible. I thought there might be an option I was missing to make it persistent. Or, a feature that would simply display a small line of text on the bottom with minimal information. If I’m understanding correctly, neither of those exist?