There seems to be an issue with the handling of animated GIF files in Scrivener 2 relative to the behavior of version 1.
If an animated GIF is embedded in a Scrivener text page (rtfd), the animation runs only immediately after the image has been added. If the user quits the app, then relaunches, the image no longer animates. In Scrivener 1.x, the image always animated when displayed, as expected.
- Drag an animated GIF into a new Scrivener 2 Draft page.
- Note that image appears animated when placed into the page (importing as image does not apparently support animation).
- Quit Scrivener and relaunch.
- Note that GIF now only appears as a static image.
- Perform Steps 1 to 4 with Scrivener 1.x. Note that image is always displayed as animated.
Model Name: Mac mini aluminum
Model Identifier: Macmini4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MM41.0042.B00
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.5 (10H574)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.5.0