Annotations losing colour

I got pointed here too after overlooking it, and yep, looks like this bit me as well.

In the meantime, is there a way to MANUALLY strip the colors off?

You could select the text, copy it and then use Paste & Match Style to paste it into some text using a Scrivener default style (or into TextEdit using Paste & Match Style), then copy and paste it back. This will strip all attributes. That’s about the only way I can think of right now, though, I’m afraid.
All the best,
Keith

I am not sure I should post here, but I have a similar problem; it usually happens when the colour of the text is not plain black, the annotations just turn grey. The thing is, when I select the annotation and turn it back to red, and then I click again, it becomes grey (even if I switched the main text to black before). The only solution I found for this is to save the preferences, delete the preference file (~librrary/preferences, etc.), type back my registration and everything, but that kind of takes a while.

Otherwise it can be cool to change the colour of annotations… but if would be best if the annotation could keep its colour without changing any annotation I select (in the case I mention).

Hi, yes, this sounds like the same bug. It’s fixed for the next update, although annotations are going to undergo some more improvements before then too.
Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Wow! … Annotations undergoing more improvements? How do you improve on brilliant!!! I can’t wait to see.

:smiley:

Mark

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: