Annoying Issue - Chapter Lists

Hi,

Very new user to Scrivener and so far I am getting the hang of it. Everything is finished for my Kindle release, and when I preview it within Kindle Previewer it looks great…except.

For some reason, 2 chapters have issues. The chapter loads fine, but then another blank page appears below the chapter itself. So when you view the chapter list, it shows “Chapter 1” and then “Untitled Chapter”. When “Untitled Chapter” is clicked, it just goes to a blank page.

This is driving me crazy. I’ve re-started the project and it still does the same thing. Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

My guess would be that you have a stray page break character somewhere in those chapters. Page breaks become section breaks in e-books, and those will generate ToC entries. The easiest way to find them is to turn on invisibles in the Format/Options/ sub-menu. A page break will be a solid bar, left-aligned on its own line. If you want to see an example you can manually insert one using the Edit/Insert/Page Break menu command.

This “My guess would be that you have a stray page break character somewhere in those chapters. Page breaks become section breaks in e-books, and those will generate ToC entries” . I have spent two days trying to work out why my TOC had duplications for my ebook and why the links went to odd places within the book. This was the answer. I removed all the invisible breaks and the TOC now works perfectly!

Glad to hear it! I should probably add a FAQ entry for that since it does come up now and then.