Another Spelling Check Issue

After a period of writer’s block, when I had Scrivener open (hoping, y’know) but inactive, I’ve starting writing again. Now, the “correct spelling as you type” feature doesn’t work. No more squiggly red lines, no more fixing things like “fixinng” (which the Mac just marked in this post, so it’s not a system problem). I have closed the file, closed and reopened Scrivener, restarted my computer, shut down my computer for five minutes and restarted manually. Nothing works. Please help. I depend on those red squiggly lines!

Check the “Correct Spelling Automatically” setting in the System Preferences Keyboard tab:

Thanks—but all the “correct automatically” options have been selected from the get-go, and yes, I did verify that the options were correctly set for both Scrivener and the Mac OS. I do appreciate your taking an interest, and other suggestions would be welcomed. (I have tried unchecking the options, shutting down, restarting and resetting. Makes no difference.)

Tried for each project, Edit > Spelling and Grammar > Check Spelling While Typing?

Slàinte mhòr.

No, I haven’t, since at the moment, I’m only working with one project. That’s a good idea though. goes off to check

You, JoRo, are a genius!!! That was it. Check while typing was unchecked for that one project. I have no idea how that happened, since I thought I had the program set to do that as default for every project. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

If I were far enough along in my Irish lessons, I’d say something clever to express my gratitude, but at the moment, about all I can say is, “Itheann na páisti aran.” (The children eat bread. They also drink water. :smiley: )