Anthologist needed for Uptown Stories Creative Writing Nonprofit

Hi folks,

I’m hoping to hire an editor to layout a print anthology in Scrivener and create a template for future anthologies.

I’m the founder and director of Uptown Stories, a small nonprofit organization in Washington Heights, NYC. Our mission is to inspire kids to discover and develop their inner voices among a diverse community of writers. At Uptown Stories, we believe that writing is an essential element in a early adolescent’s critical thinking, academic success, and self-identity. We offer small-group writing workshops for children ages eight to fifteen, led by master teachers and professional authors. To ensure our workshops are accessible to all children, tuition is pay-what-you-can.

Every semester, we create a print anthology of all our students’ writing and comics and publish it on CreateSpace (Amazon’s self-publishing arm). However, the previous volunteer editor has suddenly quit, leaving us high and dry. We have all the stories, poems, screenplays, and comics in Google Drive, and I’m looking for someone who could 1) Create a manuscript with front and back matter, a table of contents, and author photos and bios at the back 2) Use that manuscript to create a template we could hopefully use or at least adapt for future manuscripts.

While our funds are limited, we have budgeted $400 to help us with this important job. The kids are counting on us!

If you are experienced with Scrivener, especially anthologies containing print, photos, and drawings, and are interested in joining our team, please email kate@uptownstories.org.

And if this is not the proper place to post this, please let me know, as I’m new to the Scrivener community.

Best,
Kate

uptownstories.org