Any way to restore accidentally deleted comments?

In my sleepiness, I tried to ‘minimise’ the inspector menu, thinking that the ‘delete comment’ button was the ‘minimise’ symbol. I have deleted… three or four comments, and I do not remember what they were.

Is there any way I can restore these? I haven’t closed Scrivener yet, and I’m afraid to in case I lose any chance to recover them.

Any help anyone can give?

Ok, so I have a partial solution if anyone else has this problem, at least. For some reason or another, my deleted comments left the text that I’d previously highlighted blue and underlined, like hyperlinks. Because I had a record of what text had been commented, I was able to reconstruct what those comments were. I don’t know if this holds true if you close the document, though.

If anyone else has a better solution, please feel free to include it here - both for the sake of my future sleep-deprived brain, and anyone else who runs into the same issue.

Adding and removing comments/footnotes are considered a form of text editing, and so you can use Undo to restore them. If you still have the session open and haven’t gone too far beyond that point, you should be able to get them back.

Ok, so I have a partial solution if anyone else has this problem, at least. For some reason or another, my deleted comments left the text that I’d previously highlighted blue and underlined, like hyperlinks.

Well that should not have happened! That’s a bug that should already be fixed. I’d make sure you’re on the latest version, by checking for updates from the Help menu.