APA format question

W do I get to set the “short paper title” so that it comes out right when I compile? I’d like to be able to have that automatically set at compile time, but I can’t find where to change that setting.

I am a sad panda because of this. :frowning: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe this is explained in the “About” sheet at the top of the template’s binder, but you should be able to fill in whatever you want for this and some other attributes in the Replacements tab in Compile (“All Options”). They’re under the Preset Replacements, so you can update the “Paper (APA)” compile preset with the information if you want, to make them available to all your projects. To do that, once you’ve got the settings filled out, select “Manage Compile Format Presets…” from the Format As drop-down menu at the top and then select the “Paper (APA)” preset and click “Update”, or use the “+” button to create your own custom preset.

Thanks, Jennifer. That was exactly where I needed to go. I re-read the ABOUT document, and it doesn’t make reference to the specific option that I was looking for. This is the first time I’ve used Scrivener, so am still feeling my way around it. I think that I may need to go through the tutorial again.

Regards!
Geordon