App not installing

I have been using the Beta version of Scrivener 3 for the last year, installing the software every month or so as the different versions come out. This has always installed the software. Now I am trying to install the full software (x64) and it goes through the full software install as though there are no issues. But when I go to open the app in my Start menu all there is a folder called Scrivener 3 with a subfolder called Scrivener which opens a folder containing a number of old files.

[attachment=0]Screenshot 2021-03-24 191314.png[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Screenshot 2021-03-24 190907.png[/attachment]

If the issue is that there are legacy Scrivener files on my computer I have used both the uninstall.exe file to uninstall the software and the Add or remove programs feature in the settings menu. They appear to uninstall the program but when I reinstall the application I get the same result. So I don’t know what I am doing wrong and why this program will not download.

All help is welcome.

K

I didn’t have Scrivener at all in my Start menu after install.
I went to the installation folder, did a right-click on the scrivener.exe and selected “remove from start menu”. After that i repeated and selected “add to start menu”. Now it looks like that.
[attachment=0]Screenshot_13.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks for your reply austriaka. I could not see the option to Pin to Start menu so this did not work for me but looking for the Scrivener.exe file did lead me to solve the issue. Despite using the uninstall and remove programs options to remove the old version of Scrivener on my computer, when was locating the Scrivener.exe file (User>AppData>Local>Scrivener)I discovered I have both a Scrivener and Scrivener 3 folder. When I clicked directly on the Scrivener.exe file (located in the Scrivener 3 folder) it would open up Scrivener 1 so I realised there were still legacy files on my computer. So after moving both the Scrivener and Scrivener 3 folders to the recycle bin I tried the install again and this time it worked perfectly.

So if anyone else has this problem try checking manually to see if you have any legacy Scrivener folders on the computer, delete them and then try to install.