Apple needs a good whipping!

The solution to your problems:

and you’ll get a much better keyboard, too.

The wattage is also a concern when using another power adapter. The problem is very noticeable on MBP or MBR which may need the 60 or 85 watt adapters.

Currently there are 45 Watt, 60 Watt and 85 Watt adapters.

Now plugging an 85 watt adapter into a 45 watt machine is not so bad but plugging an 85 watt device into a 45 watt adapter can cause problems right off the bat (I would only do this with the cpu turned off so as to get a “trickle charge” without any load.

MBA are 45 watt devices I think. MBP 15-17" are 85 watt. MBP 13 are 60watt I think.
support.apple.com/kb/HT2346
One notice for MBA users is:
Note: Adapters that shipped with the MacBook Air (Original), MacBook Air (Late 2008), and MacBook Air (Mid 2009) are not recommended for use with MacBook Air (Late 2010) models. When possible, use your computer’s original adapter or a newer adapter.

Now I do know some people who own MBA or MacBooks that buy the 85watt adapter simply because it can recharge any of the 45/60/85 watt devices. Also when a computer is under max load and charging the adapter can handle the full electrical load (Sometimes some machines under full load with a weak adapter will not charge or stop the system. 85 watt adapter never does) And even though many say the firmware will not allow faster charging, some have reported faster charging using an 85 watt power adapter versus a 45 watt one. But if nothing else the big daddy is more of a one size fits all for all the newer modern apple laptops.

Could be hearsay and witch craft who knows?

All right pigeon, now I’m confused. Which witch craft and what watt is best?

The witches craft the whatts. :slight_smile:

I would recommend the 85 power adapter if you have more than one device in the house.