Apple Watch- Scratch Pad App

Would love to see a very basic speech-to-text companion Apple Watch app, VERY simple but with a watchface complication for easy activation, that when opened immediately begins recording and transcribes directly to text, and when finished (either by watch tap or a verbal command) the text is automatically saved to the Scratch Pad folder with the first few words and date/time as the title. The Drafts app by Agile Tortoise comes close to this- but not quite- after recording on the Apple Watch it still requires a few extra steps within the iPhone app in order to export to the Scratchpad folder and as a result is a bit too cumbersome and discourages regular use for me.

I know something like this would profoundly change how I gather ideas, and would be an amazing addition to Scrivener.

I was able to use workflow to add urls to Fire task, I wonder if a similar Workflow might be possible between with Drafts and that folder? I don’t have the app, so I can’t check.

Drafts can easily be setup to save text to the Scratch Pad. I have been using it that way for quite some time. I can really recommend it.

I don’t know if Drafts has a Watch app but that is easily checked for anyone interested.

Edit: Yes, it has . “Great Apple Watch app to capture with dictation” it says on their web page. agiletortoise.com/drafts/
It takes no extra steps on the iPhone app, so are you sure it does on the Watch app?

Yes- this is my current setup as well. I record with the Drafts watch App (via the watchface complication), and those are automatically sent to the Drafts iPhone App, … but then an additional step is still needed to export the files from the phone to my Scrivener ScratchPad Folder on Dropbox. I contacted Agile Tortoise support directly a few days ago and they confirmed that what I would like to do with Drafts is just not possible right now- but perhaps with iOS 11?

So, since I am very lazy with technology, and this is, after all, a wish list, I was wishing for something more tightly integrated with Scrivener, like an Apple Watch Scratch Pad App :smiley: .