AppleScript - Jump to Page in Binder

Is there a way to AppleScript to jump to a page in the binder of the front Scrivener file/project? I didn’t see any answer to this in the current forums.

Only if you’re willing to use UI scripting and even then it may not be possible.

See https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/automation-beyond-applescript-which-has-never-been-implemented-anyway/33698/1

Scrivener is not Applescriptable except, as Derick notes, via UI scripting. But sometimes you can get what you want with a keyboard macro program. And also, surprisingly often, it turns out Scrivener already does what you want. Depends on what exactly you want.

So, perhaps it would be worthwhile getting a bit clearer on what it is you are wanting to do: You say ‘jump to a page in the binder’, but this doesn’t make literal sense to me. There are no “pages” in the binder – and so I am a bit unclear what you are wanting to do.

What is in the binder are documents and folders. Are you wanting to jump to (i.e., scroll to and select) a particular doc/folder? If so, how are you imagining specifying what doc/folder you would jump to? Depending on what the answer to this is you may or may not be able to do what you want. For example, for all I can tell so far the Reveal in Binder function might actually already accomplish what you want.

OR do you mean maybe something more like jumping to a page within the text of what is showing in the editor pane? This is a tougher call, because pagination is a typesetting thing – so unless you are using page-layout view in the editor pane, there is not operative notion of “page” for the program to advert to.

Anyway, maybe you could clarify a bit what you are trying to do and that would help the terrific idea machine which is the Scrivener forum.

All Best,
gr