Application icon

I hope the big “S” on the icon shown in this blog article won’t be in the final 2.0 version: please, leave the old icon on Scrivener 2.0, I’m a romantic user… :blush:

Yes, it will - this is the new icon and users will have to live with it, because we like it, sorry. :slight_smile: Or they can change it, as you can with any other icon on OS X.

Honestly, it blows me away how much people seem to care about an icon. You wouldn’t believe the angry complaints I got about how ugly the old icon was. And now I’m getting moans about how people don’t like the new icon and how the old icon was lovely. It’s really impossible to please everybody.

I’ve worked two years straight on making 2.0 awesome. I like the new icon, but if you don’t - well, it’s just an icon.

Regards,
Keith

Icons… Can’t live with them, can’t live without them!

Icons… You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Icons… Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you’ll just rattle your jewelry?

What… the…? :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, I like the new icon. :slight_smile:

I think that was an attempt to shed some light on the problem.

Wot problem? :open_mouth:

the one that was explained.

I was on the point to ask for an iPad version, but being satisfied with very little, I preferred to bound myself to the icon… :slight_smile:
By the way it’s not a big problem, I’m happy for what Scrivener does (and wil do, in version 2.0: Folder Sync is great!), not for its dress…

:slight_smile: Mind you, we do hope to start work on an iPad version early next year. In the meantime, though, you can sync documents with other programs on the iPad using new Simplenote and folder syncing features, as you mention. On that note, if you haven’t already seen them, we have a couple of preview videos showing the folder sync and Simplenote sync here:

literatureandlatte.com/blog/?p=157

Glad the new icon won’t put you off too much!

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Well, okay, but can we have an installation option to keep the old icon?

No, of course not.

Yous lot talkin about me, again!!? :open_mouth: If you are: LESS OF THE OLD!!! Cheeky buggars! :imp:
Vic Sprightly

If we were talking about you the word “icon” would be replaced, at at a minimum preceded, by some vulgarity. Significant and disparaging vulgarity. Likely involving ancestry.

Just so you know.

So, Mr Jaysen, you`ve widened your horizons. And indeed why not?
However, for a moment there, I did experience a qualm or two, at the,"Likely involving…"juncture. I, blushingly, expected reference being made to certain parts of the female anatomy. Perish that thought young Master Jaysen (no matter how apposite).
Take care
Fluff

But notice dearest Fluff, that your fur is unnecessarily bristled. As a frequent observer of the vic-k you should be well aware of the concerns about his parentage. Were the simply negligent? Is there some dark, nefarious event that led to his creation? Is he even a member of homo sapiens?

But we digress. We should return to the topic at hand, Icons. Personally I am curious how the shadowy one will correct the shrine of “water plank”.

Good lord no! :open_mouth: His sexual orientation is as normal, as every other boring facet of his psychological makeup. His unshakeable faith in his infallibility and invulnerability, probably stems for his erroneous belief that he is as close as it`s possible to get, to a Horus type human god.

Well, as you brobbably know, curiosity killed the cat, so I`ll leave that conundrum in your, no doubt, capable hands.
Take care
Fluff.

It’s not just icons that cause customer revolts, it would seem …

bbc.co.uk/news/business-11520930

Martin.

I really like the new icon, and I am very much looking forward to seeing it on my dock :slight_smile:

Eddy