Are there keyboard shortcuts for expanding and collapsing one item in the binder?

I think that CMD 0 and CMD 9 expand and collapse every item. It would be helpful to have a keyboard shortcut for the current item that I’m on. The only way I can see to of this at the moment is with the mouse and clicking on the arrow

thanks! James

I think that CMD 0 and CMD 9 expand and collapse every item. It would be helpful to have a keyboard shortcut for the current item that I’m on. The only way I can see to of this at the moment is with the mouse and clicking on the arrow

thanks! James

It’s the same as in Finder and many other outliner style views: the Left and Right arrow keys collapse and expand. Left also traverses up through the hierarchy if the current item either cannot be collapsed or already is. Opt+Arrow is like expand/collapse all, but only for the selected nodes.

See also §6.3.5 in the user manual, pg. 103. There are a few other tricks that can be helpful to know, in there.

First switch focus to the Binder with ctrl-opt-cmd-B. Once the focus is in the Binder and not the document, left arrow and right arrow will do the job.