Auto-Complete Query

Hi everyone,

I have been using Scrivener for some time now but still cannot get to grips with the autocomplete feature. How exactly do I enable it and what exactly will it do?

Kind Regards

Hi Jason,

I’ve moved this question to Technical Support where it belongs (as it says in the description of the Tips & Tricks forum: “Note: please post support questions in Technical Support, and make sure the tips and tricks here relate to Scrivener only. Thanks!”). I check the tech support forum and answer questions there several times a day, whereas I rarely look in the Tips & Tricks forum (it being for users to share tips), so you’ll get much quicker answers here.

In answer to your question, the auto-complete feature works the same as it does in many other OS X programs - once you have started typing a word, you can hit opt-Escape or cmd-period, and a list of suggested completions will appear. You can add your own words to the project list via Edit > Edit Auto-Complete List. That way you can add character names or other project-specific words in addition to the dictionary words that normally appear in the lists.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith

Sorry for the confusion :slight_smile: and thanks for your very prompt reply. I think the application is fantastic - especially the full screen mode. Hope you keep developing Scrivener and look forward to the next version.

Kind Regards

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to help. :slight_smile:
All the best,
Keith

Now there’s an undocumented OSX feature…