Auto complete?

I can’t seem to remember…

…is there a way to get Scrivener to auto-complete in screenplay format, like FD and MMS do? IOW, if I type “IN” in a Scene element, Scrivener would offer me “INT.” as an auto-complete, without any additional keystrokes.

I could of sworn you could do this, but I can’t remember how. Am I mistaken?

Thanks in advance.

Opt-Escape or cmd-period (this is the standard way of doing auto-complete in the OS X text system, so works in TextEdit and others, too). And in the new beta (from the Beta Testing forum), you can set a different auto-complete list for each element type via Script Settings.
Best,
Keith

Thanks for your reply. I did a poor job of asking my question.

In FD and MMS, they offer auto-complete automatically, without additional keystrokes, in Scene, Character Name and Transition elements.

Is there a way to get Scrivener to do the same?

I think opt-esc is a manual look-up, isn’t it?

Thanks. (Please excuse the obvious question, I’ve been jumping back and forth between FD MMS, NovaMind and a couple of others this week. Very confusing.)

I obviously did a poor job of answering. :slight_smile: That’s what I mean: there is no automatic auto-completion in Scrivener (or the OS X text system in general), no. You need those extra key-strokes. But they will bring up a list of items related to the current element as set in the Script Settings.
Best,
Keith