Auto-completion and undesired capitalization

Hi,

I’m using auto-completion (not in script mode) with the option “Only suggest completions from custom auto-complete lists” checked (first time I’m using it, for what I can remember) and every time, after the auto completed word from my list, I get the following word Capitalized, as if it were a new sentence. This is annoying, every time I have to correct it. Not a big problem (I can add a new item to TextExpander list), but I think it’s worth telling you about this strange behavior of Scrivener - maybe I’m missing something obvious here…

All the best,
Giovanni

Mac OS X 10.7.5, Scrivener 2.3.5 (build 20780)

Hi Giovanni,

I can’t reproduce this - could you please give more details? I get no such behaviour.

All the best,
Keith

Unwanted capitalization.jpg

Hi Kevin,

And thanks for your attention - I’m trying to join an attachment to show what I mean:

The name Sparks in the auto-complete list; I press Enter to get the auto-completion done, then I write the following word: the first time, the words “si alzò” were “Si alzò”, then I fixed it manually; the second time, the word “Andò” is just as I get it, and as you can see, the word starts with a capital A, but it shouldn’t…

Let me know if it’s more clear now, please.
Thanks,
Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

Not sure who this Kevin person is. :slight_smile:

I think this has to be something else running on your computer, as Scrivener wouldn’t auto-capitalise there, and I tried it myself with exactly the same text (and even switched to Italian spell-checking) and didn’t receive these results. Could it be a TextExpander setting, perhaps? What happens if you turn spelling correction off (if it is on)? And what happens if you turn auto-capitalisation off (my guess is you’ll get the same result).

All the best,
Keith

Ehr, well, you really don’t know Kevin from Paintings&Coffee.jk website? He’s a nice guy :smiley:

Now, more seriously, yes you’re right -I’ve excluded Scrivener from the capitalization in TextExpander (the word following the autocompleted one was capitalized even with the Scriv auto-cap unchecked, as you said) and now all is fine.

Thanks for the fast customer care!

Cordiali saluti,
Giovanni (but as a retaliation, you can call me Giuseppe :slight_smile: )
K-not-K.jpg

Glad that helped, Giuseppe! :smiley: